You may post your comment or question to the author or other readers using the form at the bottom of the report. If you have interesting information related to the report’s contents, we recommend that you post it as a comment. We also recommend that you read the already published comments or questions before making your posting.
We strongly discourage short comments such as ‘I agree’, ‘I disagree’. A large volume of such comments prevents the reader from finding substantive comments quickly, and discourages substantive comments. Please post a comment if you have a particular reaction that you can reason out, have something to add/critique, point out an error, make an update, suggest a remedy, give other readers a reference, and so forth.
Note before posting:
- All postings will be moderated and approved within 24 hours unless found inappropriate. Editors retain discretion over their publication. Because of our policy to keep all content on Citizen Matters free of access restrictions, postings need moderation to keep spammers and net abusers away. We do hope you will understand this.
- If you do not wish to post a comment for publication on the article page and instead want to write a letter to the author directly, use the author’s email id linked from the author’s name that follows the article.
- Please avoid posting articles from another website, or letters or petitions you might have written, on our website.
- Please do not abuse or troll others. Such comments will be immediately disapproved and the user will be blocked.
- Please avoid posting comments anonymously, or with shady names. We strongly discourage this, and we reserve the right to block such users from the website.
- ALLEGATIONS AND ACCUSATIONS: Please do not make libellous or defamatory allegations against individuals. Citizen Matters cannot publish such comments as is since it may place us in legal jeopardy. We may edit the comment and let the non-accusatory portion stand, or disapprove the entire comment, whichever we deem appropriate.
- If you feel you have documentary evidence implicating someone or some group named in an article, send us the documents to email@example.com, with an your interpretation of why you think your view is correct, your real full name, full postal address, and request confidentiality if you need to.
- We will make every effort to review it and amend our story and comments if necessary, and also attribute it to you. If you are requesting confidentiality, we will maintain that.
- This approach is better than a set of allegations and counter allegations under an article, which only confuses the general readers further.
- While we will always acknowledge criticism, persistent misrepresentation of our journalists and Citizen Matters or Oorvani Foundation will not be published.
- We reserve the right to delete or disapprove any comment unrelated to the respective article or post.
- We will remove comments that may result in breach of copyright.
- We will remove clearly commercial or spam-like posts.
- For reporting website problems and logistical matters, please use the Feedback form.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in comments and letters are those of the individual posters themselves. Citizen Matters takes no position on comments. As long as commenting policy is followed, they get published.
Questions? Feel free to write to us.